AMREF is the largest international health development non-governmental organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, AMREF aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to he August 1, 2011 to September 2, 2011 alth. Headquartered in Kenya, AMREF has programmes in Ethiopia, Uganda, Southern Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa. Employing over 800 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $70 million, AMREF is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information visit our website www.amref.org.
We are seeking to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant.
Education and knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Public Health, Evaluation, International Development, Social Sciences, Statistics or other related field;
- Basic M&E concepts and tools
- Database management
- Statistical software
- At least 3 years experience working
- Practice with log-frame development
- Project and programme monitoring and evaluation
- Participatory development of indicators
- Attention to detail and facility with numeric data
- Ability to work in multi-cultural teams
- Excellent communications skills
- Analytical skills
Visit the AMREF website at www.amref.org to view the job specifications and application process. If you feel that you meet the criteria, complete the online application form attaching your CV. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We encourage those interested to send their applications by Thursday, 29 September 2011.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.